I know we are in the raisin' babies season of life right now, and taking off on a whim to trek through the Annapurna mountains in Nepal isn't exactly very practical or responsible. I am content being home, with my family, but oh I am so excited for when our kid(s) are older and we can go on adventures together. We could easily decide to wait until we're retired to do most of these things, but life is worth so much more than work, money, and responsibilities.
In no special order, here is my ever-changing and growing travel bucket list. Maybe I won't ever make it to any of them, maybe some, maybe all. But I'll be dreaming about all of them.
1. Take a photo in the Tunnel of Love in Ukraine.
2. Spend a month sailing around the San Juan islands.
3. Spend the night in a glass igloo and watch the Northern Lights in Finland.
4. I'm kind of up in the air on this one, but the Devil's Pool at the top of Victoria Falls on Zambia's border with Zimbabwe. When I first saw the photos they made me sick. Then I couldn't stop looking. Doing this seems rather moronic, but I'm strangely intrigued.
5. Stand under the Eiffel Tower in Paris, at nighttime.
6. Eat my way through Amsterdam.
7. See the Blue Footed Booby in the Galapagos Islands.
8. Travel the Andaman Sea between Krabi and Phuket.
9. Cruise down the Rhine River.
10. Soak in the Blue Lagoon, in Iceland.
11.Take a camel safari in Egypt.
12.See Mount Everest with my own eyes by taking a trek up the Khumbu Valley to the 18,000' Kala Pattar.
13. Explore the lakes, and medieval castles around Germany's deep south.
14. Take a cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula.
16. Spend a couple of lazy weeks enjoying a Tuscany summer.
17. Climb to the summit of Mount Nimbus, on the Via ferrata in Canada.
19. Ride an Icelandic pony, in Iceland.
20. Bruges, Belgium
21. Annecy, France
22. Spend the night in a tree house (in my home state, even!)
23. Drive the Atlantic road in Norway.
24. Cave of Melody, in Scotland.
25. Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon Iceland
26. Ubud, Bali
27. Return to Ireland and take a driving tour around the country, stopping along the way as it suits us.
What would you add to this list!? Where have you been? Where are you going?